Search This Blog

Friday, June 5, 2009

Hello from The Awkward Mom


Welcome!! I plan on delighting all of you, my lovely readers, with stories from my life that are sure to make you feel better about yourself. Trust me, it shouldn't be too hard for you to sit back, sigh, and think, "I am sure glad that wasn't me,".

I am, first and foremost, a mom to my two wonderful children, Angel Boy and our Princess. I have a great husband, El Vaquero who works very hard to keep me with my kids all the time. We are trudging through life trying to navigate uncertain waters living in an area, of very high cost-of-living and a history of poor financial choices (on my behalf). We have dreams and goals and aspirations, we lack means and opportunity but will never give up hope or lose sight of the future we are longing for.


Let's start this blog out on a strong note. I ask you this question:
"What is your most embarrassing moment?"
I know, I know - this question is so played out.... but really, what say you?! There are just so many of them for me... it is like a bag of chips, you can't have just one.

I immediately go back to my first kiss. If I could remember it, I would tell you all about it. Seriously. I was in the 8th grade, at a carnival held behind a church. The guy was younger by a year and wasn't nearly as scared and I was. I was lame, I know. My BFF (best friend forever) of that year was far more, dare I say, advanced, for lack of a better term, than I was at that time and the pressure was on to make the leap from sweaty hand holding to kid-like kissing. Have y'all ever heard of a ride called the zipper?

"Quite simply, the Zipper is the most ingenious device known to man. Made by Chance Rides, the Zipper will unpredictably whip and flip you head-over-heels while rotating around three separate axes. You'll laugh hysterically or lose your lunch, or both."
picture and text from here

So, the boy and I board the zipper. Traumatic enough as it is, imagine knowing in your soul... knowing so strongly you can feel it in your big toe... that you were going to get your first kiss and you so weren't ready for it. I was there. I was so there. Anyway... so I was there, in the cage and the ride started. I know that. Then the ride stopped. We were at the top and I was freaking out. I was going to get kissed. I was at the top of a ride and I hate heights. I was going to get kissed. Then he did it. I know that. And then I was at the bottom of the ride de-boarding the cage. I swear I blacked out, I must have. I'm telling you, I don't remember a thing! How is that even possible?! I can't tell you anything more about the day or the event because I can't remember any of that, I was scarred! I have overcome this, I promise I don't black out from getting kissed anymore, I may get a little weak in the knees but nothing as drastic as that sad balmy summer night at a carnival close to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment