Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Lightning McQueen Birthday

He's 3! I can't even believe it. Sometimes, before I go to bed, when I check on the kids, I just look at his hands. They are just so big, so much bigger than when he was born. His beautiful eyelashes resting softly and his "Ga" cuddled close to his face, the tag still clasped between his fingers. He's sleeping peacefully and I definitely do not take this for granted. We had sleep struggles for at least a year and a half and with every tooth that broke through there after. There are nights (weeks) that we still struggle and just when I think I might crack, he sleeps again. I can't ignore the little thought that tugs at my heart strings, though, the one that says, "wake him, cuddle him, take him to your room and let him sleep in your bed just like he begs to do every night". I know better, I know this will only exacerbate our struggles, but it almost breaks my heart to turn and walk out of his room every night. There's no one like your first born... nothing like the scent of your own babies...

Scenes from a birthday party

Photobucket
Angel Boy and The Princess mixing up some funfetti birthday cake, the "King Dinoco" birthday cake.

Photobucket
Beautiful Aunt Sarah and Andy; The Dinoco pit crew; my step-dad Richard shaking hands with Andy (don't you wish you knew what they were talking about?!!); Alex playing a party game


Photobucket
The favors - ingredients and instructions to make your own play-doh and a notepad/marker set; El Vaquero, Step-dad, and Scott; classic shot of Step-dad and Robin; my big 3 year old!

Photobucket
My boy wearing his 3 year old shirt that I made for him. It was crazy easy and had I used freezer paper it would have taken no time at all! The Lightning McQueen image on the back is a pumpkin carving stencil!

Enjoy your babies, the years just pass us by.


No comments:

Post a Comment